This summer, our Stonehaven campers will have the opportunity to choose from many different 4 and 5 day camp weeks.
Our Day Camp program is designed to teach first time riders through advanced riders how to safely and knowledgeably work around and ride horses and ponies. We instill in our students a solid foundation of riding basics. Our curriculum includes lots of hands-on experience and informal presentations from our local veterinarian, equine dentist, and farrier. In addition, we add arts, crafts, games, and many various equine learning activities for all our campers. Since 1994, according to our 1000+ campers, the only complaint has been that the time goes by too quickly!
If you wish to apply for the Day Camp Program, you must complete and return these application forms with a $75 deposit. Cash or check only, please. No credit cards accepted.
With limited space on a first-come, first-serve basis, our camps do fill up quickly. Sign up today! For more information, call us at (734) 854-5825 to leave a voicemail …. message us through our FaceBook page at Stonehaven Farms …… or text us at 419-290-7281. We will contact you ASAP !!!!!
Camps run from 9am to 2:00pm.
- 9:00am to 10:00am: Classroom time and horse assignment (will review previous days events and cover new subjects. Bring in horses for hands on grooming, care, and tacking in the barn.
- 10:00am to 12:30pm: Riding time (to include lessons, games, bareback, and/or trail riding, one or two groups) OR arts & crafts and classroom time (covering new subject, farrier, vet, dentist talks, one or two groups) and lunch.
- 12:30pm to 1:00pm: Grooming and bathing horses, feed and turnout
- 1:30pm to 2:00pm: Review daily riding skills (questions and answers).
Remember to Bring
- Wear long pants and socks with a hard sole shoe or boot to camp each morning. The shoe or boot should have at least a ½ inch heel, preferably with laces over the ankle, like hiking boots.
- Bring shorts to change into on very hot days.
- Bring sunscreen and insect repellent.
- Pack a lunch, including beverages.
- Bring cut up apples and carrots to treat our horses ….. they really appreciate it !!!!!
A refrigerator, a microwave, and a soda machine are available.
- Disorderly or rowdy conduct, especially as it affects the safety and comfort of others, is not permitted.
- Any behavior deemed by the staff to present a hazard to other students or animals, will not be permitted.
- All work on and around horses will only be done under staff supervision.
- Hard hats, provided by the farm, will be worn at all times while riding of any kind, instructional, free riding, or trail riding.
- Hard hats may be requested on while working around horses.
- Campers are not to leave the farm during camp hours without authorization of parent directly to Stonehaven staff.
- Campers will check in and out at the same location every day of camp.
- Campers need to be picked up at the end of camp in a timely fashion. ( Will can arrange late pickup for campers at a nominal fee.)
- Due to the smaller stature of our school horses, we have a rider weight limit of 195 pounds.
Day camps are for those who are five years of age and older.
Days and Pricing
- 4-day camps (Monday through Thursday): $240 (Beginner Appropriate)
- 5-day camps (Monday through Friday): $280 (Novice-Intermediate Appropriate)
Watch our Stonehaven Farms FaceBook Page for discount coupons !
Available dates are as outlined in the calendar below. Camps begin in June.
Cash or check only; no credit cards accepted.
Complete the application forms and mail back to Stonehaven Farms with a $75 non-refundable deposit if cancellation is made after three weeks prior to the start of camp.
Balance of the day camp cost is due within 2 weeks prior to the start of camp. We give a 50% refund if cancelation is made 1 week prior to camp; otherwise, cost is non-refundable.
Reservations are limited; a first-come, first-serve basis will be applied. Applicant reservation cannot be held without payment.