Our public lesson program has been designed to accommodate everyone from five years through adult by a USEF Certified Instructor/Trainer. Our specialty is the novice, timid, or “rusty” rider, as well as those advanced riders who aspire to compete in horse shows on or off the farm. Whether you are looking to ride for pleasure and relaxation, or giving serious thought to owning your own horse, we can develop a program for you. Your lesson will cover more than just riding skills. We strive to provide an environment which enhances the rider’s sportsmanship, self-confidence, responsibility, and self-esteem.
- Beginner through advanced lessons from 5 years old to adult
- Large indoor arena with a heated viewing room
- Two outdoor arenas
- Groomed wooded trails for a relaxing ride
- Annual on-farm schooling shows
- Experience in providing Riding Day Camps since 1994
- Adult Lesson Series for riders and parents of riders
- Fun and safe school horses as well as horses for sale
IMPORTANT: Due to the small stature of our school horses and ponies, we have a rider weight limit of 195 pounds.
All payments must be either cash or check. No credit cards accepted.
Our lesson program is conducted by a Certified USEF English Riding Instructor.
We provide lesson horses and ponies along with safety regulated equipment and helmets.
Group lessons are one hour in length and include proper warm-up and cool-down of horses.
This farm promotes rider education in grooming and tacking of horses.
Riders must arrive early to ready their mounts for the lesson.
Assistance will be given when needed.
Riders are responsible for returning tack properly and clean up of their grooming and tack areas.
Beginner Private Lessons
($80/lesson) Lesson for beginner riders includes on ground instruction in leading, grooming, tacking, and mounted instruction.
Advanced Private Lessons
($95/lesson) For advanced riders only – training on the flat and over jumps on sale and boarder horses.
Payment must be made to instructor prior to start of lesson. Prices below reflect a discounted rate if payment for the entire month is made at the first lesson of each month. Per lesson rate in schooling lessons is $45 per lesson.
One Lesson per Week
- $160/month for 4 lessons (4-week month)
- $200/month for 5 lessons (5-week month)
Available to riders who will ride once every week. See conditions listed below.
Two Lessons per Week
- $300/month for 8 lessons
- $340/month for 9 lessons
- $380/month for 10 lessons
Available to riders who will ride twice every week. See conditions listed below.
Conditions of Monthly Lessons
This program insures that your horse and your lesson time will always be made available to you. We count on our program riders to be at their lesson each week or provide plenty of notice, and schedule a makeup for their weekly lesson.
Because the cost of feeding our horses and maintaining, this facility does not decrease if riders do not ride in their scheduled lesson. We just need sufficient notice to utilize your cancelled lessons if we are to replace you with a makeup, or you will be expected to pay for the missed lesson.
- All monthly lesson fees must be paid for at the first lesson of the month, or there will be a $5 late fee per lesson.
- Lesson makeups are the responsibility of the riders. We will assist as needed. If a rider cannot fit a makeup lesson into their schedule, with the trainer’s permission, they may schedule a non-lesson ride as a makeup for a cancelled lesson. If you will be out of town during the month, please plan ahead for your makeups.
- A 24-hour notice is needed to cancel lessons; otherwise, you will be charged. Without that notice, we cannot contact other riders needing makeups. If you need to cancel the same day as the lesson, with your trainer’s permissions, you will be allowed a non-lesson ride for your late cancellation notice. If you cancel or miss two weeks or more in a row without notice, we cannot guarantee your horse or lesson time.
Advanced Group Lessons
($60/lesson) For Advanced School and Lease riders, IEA Team members and IHSA college team members who are eligible to train in more advanced jumping lessons.